Come hear Cindy Jewell’s produce story at the Reception Honoring Women in Produce at the United Fresh Show in Chicago on June 26.
Jewell, vice president of marketing at California Giant Berry Farms, Watsonville, Calif., is the 2018 honoree for the event, which recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry. Each year, one individual is selected from nominations from United Fresh members to share her personal experience.
“Cindy’s strength and curiosity drive her to advance strategic marketing and communications innovation for every project she touches,” said Tom Stenzel, president and CEO of the United Fresh Produce Association, in a news release. “She has worked tirelessly to stay engaged with the industry in order to harness her expertise and commitment to increasing consumption.”
Past honorees include:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo Martin, Margaret, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Lorelei, DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company