Get a better feel for the markets your stores are in — and perhaps markets you're exploring for future stores — with a look at this Shelby Report retail market share data, focusing on the West.
In the interactive map and graph below, find each major market in the West. Also highlighted further down in this post are the major cities in each market.
All markets are identified by their primary state (with metros or key cities). Percentages are estimates based on annualized sales, industry data, institutional research and store footprints.
Major cities in each market:
- Arizona - Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Yuma
- East Washington/Idaho/Montana - Spokane, Coeur d'Alene, Missoula
- Montana/Wyoming - Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Cody
- Northern California/Nevada - San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno, Reno
- Oregon/Washington/California - Portland, Salem, Eugene, Medford, Vancouver, Crescent City
- Utah/Idaho/Wyoming/Nevada/Oregon - Salt Lake City, St. George, Boise, Twin Falls
- Southern California/Nevada - Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Bernardino, Bakersfield, Las Vegas
- Washington - Seattle, Tocoma, Olympia, Bellingham, Yakima