Get a better feel for the markets your stores are in — and perhaps markets you're exploring for future stores — with a look at this Shelby Report retail market share data, focusing on the Southeast.
In the interactive map and graph below, find each major market in the Southeast. Also highlighted further down in this post are the major cities in each market.
Market shares are for chains, independents and/or the wholesalers (voluntary or cooperative) which supply them within each region’s distribution area, extending well beyond typical metros or CBSAs. Each market is defined by the sphere of distribution, not by a rigid geographic boundary.
Major cities in each market:
- Alabama/Florida/Georgia/Mississippi - Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Pensacola, Panama City, Columbus, Meridian
- Central Florida - Tampa, Orlando, Ft. Myers, Port St. Lucie
- Georgia - Atlanta, Athens, Macon, Rome
- Kentucky/Indiana/Tennessee - Louisville, Lexington
- Mid & East Tennessee/Kentucky/Virginia/Georgia - Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga
- Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama - New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Alexandria, Gulfport, Mobile
- North Carolina/South Carolina/Virginia/West Virginia - Charlotte, Raleigh, Roanoke, VA Beach, Charleston
- North Florida/South Georgia - Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Tallahassee, Albany, Brunswick
- South Carolina/East Georgia - Columbia, Greenville, Charleston, Conway, Augusta, Savannah
- South Florida - Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach
- West Tennessee/Arkansas/Mississippi/Louisana - Memphis, Little Rock, Jackson, Monroe