The Fresh Market plans to trim its store lineup by nearly 9%, the Greensboro, N.C.-based company said on July 9.
The store closures come after “careful consideration” and a companywide organizational analysis, and the company does not expect further closures in the “foreseeable future,” according to a news release.
“Over the last eight months, our company has been executing a turnaround plan and we’ve seen great progress,” said CEO Larry Appel, in a news release. “However, for a variety of reasons unique to each retail location, that progress is not evenly distributed and, as a result, we have decided to close these long-term, underperforming stores.”
The Fresh Market Inc. became privately held after its stock was acquired by Apollo Global Management LLC in April 2016.
A total of 15 of the company’s 176 stores are slated for closure in the next two to four weeks, depending on sell-down of stock, the company said.
Click the map to zoom in to see which stores are staying open (green icons), and which are closing (red icons).
- 1679 S.R.124 Scenic Highway, #400 Snellville, GA 30078
- 2480 Briarcliff Road, Suite 19C Atlanta, GA 30329
- 2601 West Lake Avenue Peoria, IL 61615
- 200 N. Greenbriar Drive Normal, IL 61761
- 285 Roosevelt Road Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
- 475 Milwaukee Ave. Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- 9774 East 116th St. Fishers, IN 46037
- 3024 Prosperity Church Rd. Unit A Charlotte, NC 28269
- 79 South River Road, Unit 2 Bedford, NH 3110
- 217 Indian Lake Blvd., Suite 700 Hendersonville, TN 37075
- 1671 South Pleasant Valley Road Winchester, VA 22601
- 100 Albemarle Square Charlottesville, VA 22901
- 15895 West Bluemound Rd. Brookfield, WI 53005
- 8705 N. Port Washington Road Fox Point, WI 53217
- 10480 Shelbyville Road Louisville, KY 40223