After a brief trial in Florida stores, Seattle-based Amazon is expanding Prime member discounts at Whole Foods stores to 12 new markets.
In a joint news release with Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods, the companies offered a more detailed look at what the program entails. The highlights include:
- 10% additional savings on sale items;
- Exclusive prime-only discounts on select items;
- Complimentary 2-hour Prime Now grocery delivery for orders over $35 in pilot cities; and
- 5% cash back for Whole Foods Market purchases using the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
The program expanded to stores in these markets:
- Kansas City, Mo.;
- New Mexico;
- Northern California;
- Utah; and
- 365 by Whole Foods Market stores nationwide.
To take advantage of the savings, Prime members download the Whole Foods Market app, and scan their Prime Code at checkout, or enter mobile phone numbers at checkout.
Whole Foods expects to roll out the Prime discounts nationwide this summer.