The most-read story on produceretailer.com in November was that Wal-Mart had to pay a consumer who tripped on a watermelon bin and broke a hip $7.5 million.
Other top news of the month included Door to Door Organics going out of business, and two stories on the continuing operations of Amazon after its acquisition of Whole Foods.
Here are the top 5 stories of November on produceretailer.com:
1. Walmart ordered to pay $7.5 million to shopper who tripped on a pallet
2. Door to Door Organics shutters operations
3. Amazon, Whole Foods lowers prices...again
4. Amazon/Whole Foods expectations run high for organics
5. How can supermarkets work in malls? (Convenience)