That’s one ribbon cutting not to be missed.
The new Hispanic banner from Southeastern Grocers, Fresco y Más, held a mass grand opening day for five new stores in South Florida, bringing its total number up to 11 on March 8.
The banner, which launched last year, offers a Hispanic-focused shopping experience.
“As we continue to listen and learn from our customers at all of our Fresco y Más locations, we are developing new stores that reflect exactly what our shoppers are looking for,” says Ian McLeod, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers, in a news release. “Each store’s new Hispanic-focused product assortment and features, including full-service Latin butcher shop and new Cocina, are our commitment to providing a shopping experience that reflects the cultural connection we strive to make with our Hispanic customers.”
Southeastern Grocers highlights these areas in the new banner:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats to better serve our customers.
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- New Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, tres leches, croquettes, and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.